to install avg with an activation code or license number you need to open a URL which is www.avg.com/retail. Its that simple put your keycode there and login to your avg account.
See the details below..
An Avg license number is 20 characters long unique code to activate your product code. If you purchased your Avg from an offline store then you will get a retail card for the Avg license number. On that card you will find your license number. See install section to how to redeem your license number and how to further install Avg on your system. Avg is one of the old and promising name as an antivirus and doing the good work from a long time.
In the other case if you purchased your Avg from an online Website or online app/store then you will get your license number in the store itself or your email connected with the store.
An Avg license number is 20 characters and looks like this
to install avg with your license number you need to follow some simple steps-
- Open a Web browser like internet explorer , google chrome or microsoft edge.
- Type URL www.avg.com/retail in the URL box and hit enter.
- In the next step the wizard will ask you to login to your avg account.
- Login to your avg account and now download your product and install by running the download.
- Keep following the positive will complete your installation of avg with your license number.
Before start with the installation procedure make sure some of the things mentioned in this section-
- Your system don’t have any other antivirus or internet security already installed in it. If there is any you need to remove that security and restart your computer in order to install your Avg correctly.
- Make sure you have a 20 characters code. Peel the card gently to avoid losing any characters of the license number.
- Install the right variant of Avg as per your purchase there are multiple versions available of Avg in the market like Avg ultimate, Avg internet security and Avg free version.
i) Operating system:
- Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Core Edition (32 or 64-bit);
- and Windows 8/8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit);
- except it Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit)
Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE2 instructions)
1 GB RAM or above
2 GB free space on the hard disk
v) Internet Connectivity:
Internet connection to download, activate, and maintain program updates and antivirus database
vi) Screen Resolution:
Optimally standard screen resolution no less than 1024 x 768 pixels
This is complete minimum system requirement to install avg with license number in a windows machine. In case you want to install your Avg in Mac OS then you need to see the minimum system requirement for the Mac computer which is given below-
- Apple Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or later
- Intel based Mac with 64-bit processor
- 512 MB RAM or above (1 GB RAM or higher preferred)
- 256 MB minimum free hard disk space
- Internet connection
- Optimally standard screen resolution not less than 1024×768 pixels
Here we mentioned everything which was required to complete the installation of Avg with the license number. In case you are facing any problem in the procedure like you are not able to remove an old antivirus or there is some kind of error code is coming while installing. Then you can search for Avg support. In case the problem is not with the Avg but with your computer then visit an appropriate store for computer repair.